All entries are due at the 5th Street Pavilion of Riverside Park in St. Marys by 5:30 p.m. on August 25th. Potluck supper begins around 6:00. There is a $5 fee for each entry; the winner will bring home the jar containing everyone’s entry fees. After a blind judging, the winner will be announced immediately. Winner agrees to have their name and photo posted on the S.M.I.L.E. website. Register here, using “2019 BBQ” as the subject line.
Staying for supper? Please bring a side to share, as well as enough plates and utensils for your household! We will provide cups, napkins, tea, and water!
Rules and what to expect:
1) Make your own. You can use your grandma’s recipe, but if your grandma is the one actually making it, and you brought it (even with her permission), that doesn’t make it yours, so it doesn’t qualify.
2) A $5 fee for each entry is due at the beginning of the contest. Contestants may have multiple entries.
3) Please bring your entry in a container that is clearly marked with your name.
4) Just before the blind judging begins, a coordinator will provide you with a closed container with a number on it. You will then serve a portion of your BBQ into the container along with extra sauce if you so desire. Other sides are not allowed.
5) The judges will use the same scoring system used by the Kansas City Barbecue Society to determine the winning entry.
GOOD LUCK, and TELL YOUR FRIENDS!